THE NAB LAUNCHES NEW ONLINE PERMIT APPLICATION SYSTEM
The Namibian Agronomic Board (NAB) is mandated to promote the agronomy and horticulture industry, and to facilitate production, processing, storage and marketing of agronomic and horticultural products in Namibia. Hence, the NAB is responsible for the issuance of import, export and transit permits for agronomic and horticultural products in line with the Agronomic Industry Act 20 of 1992, in terms of section 10 (1) (o).
It is against this background that the NAB is excited to launch its first ever Online Permit Application (OPA) system aimed at providing a faster and more efficient service delivery to all our clients. The OPA system will enable importers, exporters and transiters of agronomic and horticultural products to apply and receive permits electronically via the internet, within 24 hours, during business days. Furthermore, the OPA system will provide clients with the following benefits; (1) Global access 24/7, (2) Save time and money, (3) Faster issuance of permits, (4) Permit application tracking, (5) Easily manage your company’s permits.
In order to register as a web user for the online permit application, importers, exporters and transiters should follow the guidelines below;
- Visit the NAB website: www.nab.com.na
- Go to the Downloads section and click on Online Applications
- Download the OPA Web User Registration Form
- Complete the OPA Web User Registration Form
- Scan and submit your form as follows;
All Horticulture Web User Registration Forms must be emailed to Ms. Shanice Kangootui or Ms. Olivia Simion at Permits2@nab.com.na and All Agronomy and Other products Web User Registration Forms must be emailed to Ms. Joy Hanixas at Permits1@nab.com.na
- You will receive your login information (username and password) within 24 hours
- Once registered, immediately visit the NAB website and follow the instructions provided in the user manual for the OPA system to sign in using the provided login information to enjoy fast and effective permits service delivery
- The user manual for the OPA system is also available on the NAB website under the downloads section (online application)
For more queries regarding OPA system, contact the following Assistant Administrators: Permits: Ms. Shanice Kangootui at +26481 7809977, Ms. Olivia Simion at +26481 7809977 and Ms. Joy Hanixas at +26481 2079175. Alternatively, you may dial the switchboard Telephone no: +264 61 379500, and request to speak to the appropriate aforementioned Administrators.